Microsoft Imagine Cup is the world’s premier student technology competition. We invite all eligible students to use their imagination and passion to create a technology solution in one of our competitions and challenges.
Over the past ten years, more than 1.65 million students from more than 190 countries have participated in the Imagine Cup. When you join the Imagine Cup community, you’ll connect with other whip-smart creatives from all over the world to share ideas, have fun, and be there when the next big thing is unveiled.
Imagine Cup is your chance to:
- Break new ground, solve tough problems facing the world today, and maybe even turn your ideas into a business
- Get involved in the next wave of games and applications – the future is in your hands
- Learn new technological skills
- Test yourself against the brightest students around the world
- Make new friends
- Win cash, grants, and prizes
For the three main competitions — Games, Innovation, and World Citizenship — you and your team will make an original technology project from start to finish: come up with a great idea, make a plan, build your project, and submit it to Imagine Cup. It can be either purely software or a combination of software and hardware. It needs to use either Windows, Windows Phone, or Windows Azure.
First-place teams in the three main competitions win $50,000 and all World Finalist teams win a trip to Seattle!
Microsoft also offers a number of online challenges that don’t require you to create software. Take a look at the available online challenges and find one that’s right for your team.