Do you want to make a difference in the community through engineering? Sign up for EPICS!
The Engineering Projects in Community Service program, known as EPICS, is a national award-winning design-based service learning program. Teams design, build and deploy systems to solve engineering-based problems for charities, schools and other not-for-profit organizations.
You don’t have to wait to graduate to make a difference — tackle real-world problems today!
Download the flier to see courses offered in Spring 2018, which cover themes such as education, sustainability, health and community development.
Enroll in FSE 104: EPICS Gold I for Spring 2018 and practice human-centered design, the entrepreneurial mindset and prototyping deliverables for a variety of applications.
- Assist NASA’s PSYCHE mission to create hands-on activities to demonstrate mission technology.
- Design portable sensors to collect environmental data relating to health.
- Develop innovative solutions for childhood pool safety.
- Work with a local nonprofit in construction/demolition material reuse.
- Build sustainability and community development solutions to reduce human footprint.
- Create enhancements for Phoenix Zoo exhibits to promote visitor and animal interactions.