If you are an electrical engineering major with an emphasis on power systems, apply now to intern at Stantec‘s Phoenix office this fall!
Stantec is a professional consulting business in planning, engineering, architecture, environmental sciences and project management.
The company’s Water Sector brings together top engineers and scientists to see water differently– as a single, holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Stantec believes in helping communities increase their water efficiency with sustainable, cost-effective strategies.
Your duties as an intern include:
- Learning how to set up new CAD drawings and project files and maintaining file structure for projects.
- Working with project managers and technical design staff to prepare drawing documentation.
- Creating electronic data files in compliance with Stantec and client requirements.
- Converting redlined drawings to document-ready work.
- Publishing, posting and managing drawing sets.
- Maintain drawing revisions.
- Walking project sites to understand field conditions and/or observe construction progress.
- Participating in Stantec Internal Training.
- Observing and coordinating with Project Engineers and/or technical design staff.
Your capabilities and credentials include:
- Being in the process of obtaining a Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering with an emphasis in Power.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrating a credible and trustworthy presence through professionalism, demeanor and technical knowledge.
It is preferred that you have a basic familiarity with power, grounding and lighting; a working knowledge of AutoCad; and the basic ability to interpret National Electric Code (NFPA 70).
Think you’re a good fit for the position? Email your résumé and cover letter to Taylor.Ahrensdorf@stantec.com.