The end of the fall 2018 semester is fast approaching and your academic success, as well as your health and wellness, are important to us. Whether you are a first-year student facing your first round of final exams, or a graduate student preparing for Commencement, proper planning is key. You may want to consider following some of these tips and suggestions:
- Double check on Blackboard or Canvas the date/time of your final exams for each class.
- If you have more than three final exams on the same day, contact an instructor to move one to a different day.
- Prioritize studying for tests that have the most impact on your grades.
- Review quizzes, exams and homework, and rework sample/practice problems.
- Eat a nourishing meal and get a good night’s sleep before each of your exams.
- Campus-based students taking first-year or second-year courses in BME, MAT, PHY, CHE/CHM, EEE, CS/CSE or MAE, and are looking for additional support consider attending Success Nights @ Tooker House in the Tooker House D102 eSpace.
- Check the Fulton Schools Tutoring Centers schedules (specifically Virtual Tutoring): The final day the Tutoring Centers will be open for the fall 2018 semester is Friday, November 30, 2018. (Our tutors are students too!) The Centers will reopen for the spring 2019 semester on Monday, January 14, 2019.
- Free tutoring services are also available through University Academic Success Programs to students at the Polytechnic campus, Tempe campus and online. Tutor Search can help with any of your class needs.
- The Writing Centers employ student tutors who have been recommended by their writing instructors to help you organize your thoughts, cite your sources and revise your papers.
- Students who are experiencing overwhelming stress or anxiety should consider scheduling a confidential appointment with ASU Counseling Services at 480-965-6146 (Tempe campus) or 480-727-1255 (Polytechnic campus). A counselor will be able to refer you to counseling resources in your local community. After hours/weekends call Empact’s 24 Hour ASU-dedicated crisis hotline: 480-921-1006.
- Finally, while the Fulton Schools Tutoring Centers are closed for tutoring during finals week, December 3–7, 2018, the tutoring labs in ECG 104, ECF 102 and Centerpoint (CIDSE) will be open for quiet study from 9 a.m.–5 p.m. Formal tutoring will not be offered during these hours, but the tutoring centers will be open as an additional study space. Success Nights @ Tooker House will be open for quiet study as well, Sunday: 4–9 p.m. and Monday–Thursday: 6–9 p.m.
We wish you the very best as you prepare for and take your final exams!