The end of the spring 2019 semester is fast approaching and your academic success, as well as your health and wellness, are important to us.
Whether you are a first-year student facing your first round of final exams, or a graduate student preparing for Commencement, proper planning is key.
You may want to consider following some of these tips and suggestions:
- Double check the date, time and location of your final exams for each class.
- If you have more than three final exams on the same day, contact an instructor to move one to a different day.
- Prioritize studying for tests that have the most impact on your grades.
- Review quizzes, exams and homework, and rework sample and practice problems.
- Eat a nourishing meal and get a good night’s sleep before each of your exams.
- If you are taking first-year or second-year courses in MAT, PHY, CHM, EEE, CS/CSE, and you are looking for additional support consider attending Success Nights @ Tooker House in the Tooker House D102 eSpace.
- Check the Fulton Schools Tutoring Centers schedules: The final day the Tutoring Centers will be open for the spring 2019 semester is Friday, April 26, 2019. (Our tutors are students too!) The Tutoring Centers will reopen for the summer 2019 session on Monday, May 20, 2019.
- Free tutoring services are also available to students at the Polytechnic campus, Tempe campus and online. Search for a Tutor who can help with any of your class needs.
- The Writing Centers employ student tutors who have been recommended by their writing instructors to help you organize your thoughts, cite your sources, and revise your papers.
- Students who are experiencing overwhelming stress or anxiety should consider scheduling a confidential appointment with ASU Counseling Services at 480-965-6146 (Tempe campus) or 480-727-1255 (Polytechnic campus).
- Finally, while the Fulton Schools Tutoring Centers are closed for tutoring during finals week, Monday, April 29, 2019–Friday, May 3, 2019, the tutoring labs in ECF 102, ECG 104 and Centerpoint 114 (CIDSE) will be open for quiet study. While no formal tutoring will be offered, these spaces will be open as an additional study space Monday–Thursday 9 a.m.–5 p.m., and Friday 9 a.m.–noon. The Fulton Schools Tutoring Centers are closed Saturday, May 4, 2019. The Tooker House D102 eSpace will be open Sunday, April 28, 2019, 4–9 p.m. and Monday–Thursday 6–9 p.m.
We wish you the very best as you prepare for and take your final exams!