Welcome to the spring 2020 semester! As you begin your semester, we would like to share a few helpful resources with you.
The Fulton Schools Tutoring Centers offer free tutoring in Engineering Center F (ECF) 102, Engineering Center G (ECG) 104, Centerpoint (CTRPT) 114 and online through virtual tutoring. Additional academic support resources — including course review sessions, workshops and Success Nights for several first-year and second-year courses — are available to you.
The tutoring opportunities listed above are free to all students. Topics include math, physics, chemistry, computer science and engineering. Please visit the websites for a complete list of courses tutored and hours available. Students gain several benefits from tutoring:
- Receive immediate feedback and assistance with homework and practice problems
- Develop new study strategies for note-taking and test preparation
- Gain confidence and are better prepared for quizzes and exams
- Develop thoughtful questions for professors and teaching assistants about the class material
ASU also offers a variety of additional academic resources:
- The Student Success Center hosts SI study groups and offers appointments with Academic Skills Tutors
- The Life Sciences Learning Resource Center is located in Life Sciences C (LSC) 102 and provides support for biology classes
- The Math Tutoring Center is located in Wexler Hall (WXLR) 116 and offers tutoring for your math needs
- The Physics and SESE Student Success Center is located in Physical Sciences F (PSF) 462 and provides help for your physics classes
- The School of Molecular Sciences Learning Resource Center is located in Physical Sciences H (PSH) 137 and provides support for chemistry classes
- There are Writing Centers on all four campuses and they offer online writing tutoring
We also know that there are other types of stresses and strains experienced by students. Students who are experiencing stress and anxiety should consider scheduling a confidential appointment with Counseling and Consultation at 480-965-6146.