Engineering Undergraduate Teaching Assistants (UGTAs) and ASU101 Section Leaders improve the educational experience of first-year and continuing students by including successful students like you in the classroom. UGTAs/Section Leaders assist a faculty member in their program to engage students in exploratory and collaborative learning activities.
- Spend about 5 hours per week assisting a faculty member in the classroom or lab.
- Meet with your faculty member on a regular basis to prepare for activities.
- Enroll in our online FSE 201: Engineering Undergraduate TA (1 unit) course for Spring semester.
- Improve communication and leadership skills.
- Develop a working relationship with a faculty member in your program.
- Earn valuable experience for your résumé.
- Get recognized at an appreciation dinner with the Schools’ leadership.
- Earn course credit on your transcript.
- UGTAs for Session C receive a $1,000 stipend at the end of the semester.
- ASU 101 Section Leaders and UGTAs for Session A or B, receive a $500 stipend per section (max of two sections for $1,000) at the end of the semester.
- Must be a Sophomore, junior, or senior.
- Have academic good standing; No academic violations.
- UGTAs must have completed the course they are to be an UGTA for with a grade of “B” or higher.
If you have questions, please contact Laura Bennett at Laura.D.Bennett@asu.edu.