Engineering Undergraduate Teaching Assistants (UGTAs) and ASU101 Section Leaders improve the educational experience of engineering students by having successful students like you in the classroom. UGTAs/Section Leaders assist a faculty member in their program to engage students in exploratory and collaborative learning activities.
- Work up to five hours per week assisting a faculty member in the classroom or lab.
- Meet with your faculty member on a regular basis.
- Enroll in our online FSE 201: Engineering Undergraduate TA (1 unit) course for the Fall 2020 semester.
- Improve communication and leadership skills.
- Develop a working relationship with a faculty member in your program.
- Earn valuable experience for your resume.
- Earn money! UGTAs receive a $1,000 stipend at the end of the semester. ASU 101 Section Leaders, Online UGTAs, and A&B session UGTAs receive a $500 stipend per section (max of two sections for $1,000) at the end of the semester.
- Must be of sophomore, junior, or senior level standing.
- Academic good standing; No academic violations.
- UGTAs must have completed the course with a grade of “B” or higher
Inquiries regarding UGTA opportunities, please contact Laura Bennett.
Inquiries regarding Section Leader opportunities, please contact Nicolle Sanchez.