The Department of Defense (DoD) recognizes the need to support the education of America’s future scientists and engineers.
The SMART Scholarship-for-Service Program offers scholarships to undergraduate, master’s and doctoral students who have demonstrated ability and special aptitude for excelling in STEM fields. Students are also provided opportunities to continue their research in DoD civil service roles following graduation. The Science, Mathematics and Research For Transformation Scholarship Program goal is to produce the next generation of DoD science and technology leaders.
- U.S. citizens (some exceptions may apply)
- 3.0 minimum cumulative GPA
- Ability to obtain/maintain a security clearance
- Willing to accept full time employment with DoD post-graduation
- 18 years or older
- Pursuing a degree in one of the 21 approved STEM disciplines
- Ability to complete summer internship
- Minimum 1.5 years remaining in degree program