April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM) and ASU has several opportunities for you to be part of a university-wide effort to prevent sexual violence. We each have a responsibility to create a caring and inclusive learning environment where violence is not normalized or tolerated. During the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond, we need to remain committed to creating safe physical and digital spaces so that all individuals can thrive. As always, we encourage you to familiarize yourself with the reporting process/options and campus resources.
Here are some ways you can take action:
- Review the SAAM Webpage to see an overview of the month, and learn more about resources, poster series, and events. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to offer extra credit for an event.
- Use the materials below, or the Sexual Assault Awareness Month (April 2021) Shared Drive in order to access flyers, social media graphics, and Zoom backgrounds.
- Support survivors and participate in Denim Day on Wednesday, April 14, 2021 by following five easy steps on the ASU Denim Day website.
- Share the slides on your Canvas page, in a class or electronically.
- Share the flyer and email about the Sun Devil Support Network to any students. Attend the Sun Devil Support Network for staff training beginning Wednesday, April 7, 2021.
You can also view the 2021 ASU SAAM Changing the Culture of Violence slides, download SAAM and Denim Day Zoom backgrounds and download the SAAM calendar and flyers.
Thank you for your support, and please feel free to reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions.