We are now accepting applications for undergraduate teaching assistants (UGTAs) and ASU 101 section leaders (SLs) for Fall 2021! UGTAs can receive up to a $1,000 stipend per semester and Section Leaders can receive $500 per section (maximum of three sections). As a UGTA or SL, you will assist faculty members with exploratory and collaborative learning activities working in the classroom, lab or through the online learning format.
The list of activities you may participate in are endless but here are a few to give you an idea.
- Hosting review sessions.
- Engaging with students.
- Preparing the classroom for activities.
- Assisting with Discussion Boards (limited weekly hours).
- Holding office hours (limited weekly hours).
Along with participation are responsibilities. Here is a short list of your to-do tasks:
- Meet with your faculty member regularly throughout the session.
- Spend up to 5 hours weekly working as a UGTA or 2.5 hours per section as a Section Leader.
- Enroll in and complete FSE 201: Engineering Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (1 unit) online course (no additional charge for tuition for FSE 201.)