Register today for SolarSPELL’s exploreCSR: Computing for Good workshop series, March 18–April 22
Interested in the cross-sector benefits of tech-based innovation? Or the application of machine learning to improve access to information in offline, resource-constrained areas around the world? Join SolarSPELL in Spring 2022 for the workshop series exploreCSR: Computing for Good, a broadening participation initiative supported by Google Research to encourage students from underrepresented groups in computer science to pursue graduate research in computer science.
The six-week series will allow you to network with a diverse group of your peers, ASU faculty and guests from Google. Participants are also eligible to apply to paid summer fellowships with SolarSPELL to develop the machine learning-based solutions that you propose during the workshop!
The events run weekly on Fridays from March 18, 2022, to April 22, 2022:
- Week 1, Friday, March 18, 2022: Introduction to SolarSPELL
- Week 2, Friday, March 25, 2022: Graduate Programs
- Week 3, Friday, April 1, 2022: Guest Speakers from Google
- Week 4, Friday, April 8, 2022: Challenge Reveal
- Week 5, Friday, April 15, 2022: Team Time — Proposal Development
- Week 6, Friday, April 22, 2022: Final Panel and Closing