Applications are now open for Undergraduate Teaching Assistant and ASU 101 Section Leader positions!
UGTA and ASU 101 Section Leaders improve the educational experience by assisting a faculty member in their program to engage students in exploratory and collaborative learning activities in engineering classes.
We aim to select successful undergraduate students to serve as teaching assistants in a variety of classes offered by the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering. UGTAs work in various engineering classes both intro and upper-level courses. ASU 101 Section Leaders work in ASU 101.
Now is your chance to apply! The deadline is Friday, May 11, 2018.
- Spend about five hours per week assisting a faculty member in a classroom or lab
- Meet with your faculty member on a regular basis to prepare for activities
- Enroll in our online FSE 201 or FSE394: Engineering Undergraduate Learning Assistant (1 unit) course for Spring semester
- Improve communication and leadership skills
- Develop a working relationship with a faculty member in your program
- Earn valuable experience for your resume
- Get recognized at an appreciation dinner with the Schools’ leadership
- Earn course credit on your transcript
- UGTAs receive a $1,000 stipend at the end of the semester
- ASU 101 Section Leaders, Online UGTAs, and A&B session UGTAs receive a $500 stipend per section (max of two sections for $1,000) at the end of the semester.
- Sophomore, junior or senior level
- Academic good standing; No academic violations
- For most courses, UGTAs must have completed the course with a grade of “B” or higher.