Handshake — Joyce’s Career Tip of the Week
The time to start preparing for next month’s career fairs is NOW. Information about the Fulton Schools Spring Engineering Career Fairs at the Tempe and Polytechnic campuses, as well as Civil and Environmental and Construction Career Fairs are currently available in Handshake.
You can see when the employers will be attending and the positions for which they are hiring. An easy click to the company website will give you the information needed to determine your interest in the organization.
Recruiters will be looking through Handshake soon, if not already. Make sure that your profile is updated and complete, and that your résumé is current. Double check that you have made your résumé visible to employers.
In addition to all of the Fulton Schools Career Fairs, there is the ASU Internship Fair on Tuesday, February 5, 2019. Look to see if there will be companies that interest you and plan to attend.
If you need help finding this information, updating your résumé, or you have questions about what to do at a career fair, make an appointment with one of the Fulton Schools peer career coaches.
To make an appointment:
- Go to the top right of your profile on Handshake and click on the inverted triangle to get a dropdown list.
- Then, click on “appointments.”
- Go to the top left and click on “schedule new appointment.”
- You then want to click on “Fulton Schools of Engineering – students and alumni.”
- You will have many options for topics, locations, in person or phone.
The peer career coaches and professional staff of the Fulton Schools Career Center are here to help you!
Joyce Donahue is a Certified Career Counselor in the Fulton Schools Career Center.