Hear about global career opportunities from the Department of Defense, Sept. 12–13
Students and alumni: Don’t miss this opportunity to meet Department of Defense senior leaders, executives, and recruiters to learn about opportunities for employment, internships and scholarships during ASU’s Taking the Pentagon to the People event, Tuesday, Sept. 12, 2023–Wednesday, Sept. 13, 2023, at West and Tempe campuses.
More than 20 agencies will be represented, such as The Defense Threat Reduction Agency and the Counterintelligence and Security Agency. But recruiters are not just looking for STEM majors. Other agencies on site include Defense Human Resources and the Naval Audit Service.
The Department offers 650 civilian job titles in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, business, education, language, arts and many other fields. The department employs civilians in 94 countries around the world, so it can be a great career for those interested in travel and experiencing other cultures.
Attendees will learn about:
- Information about student opportunities for employment, internships, and scholarships.
- Information on the department’s current and future opportunities in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, business, education, language, arts and many other fields.
- A pathway to connect students and graduates directly to department senior leaders, executives and recruiters.
- Information for faculty and staff on research, fellowships, sabbaticals, contract and grants.
- 1 p.m. — Opening Presentation: How to start your career with the Department of Defense.
- 1:30–4 p.m. — Network with DoD recruiters and meet one-on-one to share resumes, all majors welcome; includes snacks and refreshments.
- 9 a.m. — Opening Plenary: How to start your career with the Department of Defense.
- 10:15 a.m. — Student Empowerment Summit: Learn about scholarships, prepare for a career and special opportunities with the Department of Defense; includes free lunch.
- 1:45 p.m. — Student Empowerment Summit: DoD Mock Interview and Elevator Pitch.
- 2:15–5:30 p.m. — Student Empowerment Summit: DoD Recruiter Tables: Meet DoD recruiters for a range of agencies for on-the-spot interviews.
Taking the Pentagon to the People flyer