Apply for ITEP summer 2023 internships by Feb. 8
The Institute for Tribal Environmental Professionals, or ITEP, is hiring for a paid eight-week internship! Spend your summer working with tribal organizations to address tribal environmental issues. The internships have a research, technical, educational or policy focus. They are offering at least eight positions in air quality. You can apply for up to eight positions with one application. The internship program provides each student intern with a $5,120 stipend. They also have travel and housing stipends for those who relocate for the internship. Host sites are selected from tribal environmental organizations, government offices, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and others.
Eligible students must meet the following:
- U.S. citizen.
- Identify as Native American/Alaska Native.
- Full-time undergraduate or graduate college student during Spring 2022 (12 hours undergrad, nine hours grad) at any tribal college, college or university.
- Have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Majoring in an environmental or related field like science, engineering, planning, policy, law, management, political science, anthropology or health.
- Interested in pursuing an environmental career after graduating.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interest in working with Native American tribes.
- If you need an exception for any of the above requirements, contact [email protected].
Learn more and register to receive internship updates.
For details about how to apply, see the ITEP internship website. Potential host site descriptions are available. You will be able to apply for multiple host sites with one application.
Apply by Wednesday, Feb. 8, 2023!
Questions? Contact [email protected].
SSI Intern Flyer 2023